Stained carpet? That will come out with baking soda and vinegar. You probably have no idea what does it mean. This post will make it clear for you.
But before that, I assume you already know what baking soda and vinegar is. You can take a walk in your kitchen or at the nearest store near you to find them. I know there are many cleaning agents you can use to clean your carpet, but I suggest a more natural way for better health and living.
Learning how to clean carpet with vinegar and baking soda is easy and budget-friendly. Discover how to use these two powerful tools to remove fresh stains at your own pace!
Vinegar Cleaning Mixes
Since vinegar is a bit dangerous ingredient because of its different acetic acid levels, here are a few mixes you need to consider.
A combination of water and vinegar is good. The water can hydrate spots while vinegar devours stain. This two can solve simple stain problems. Water is considered to be the base in which you can add many different ingredients along with.
Dawn Dish Detergent
A few drops of dawn dish detergent and vinegar make a foaming carpet cleaner. The dish detergent serves as a degreaser while vinegar acts as a stain fighter. Ensure to clean the area thoroughly to prevent dish detergent residues.
Essential oil is a great addition if you want your vinegar mixture smell pleasant. A few drops of the oil can make your carpet smell great by removing sour vinegar odour. The essential oil comes in a different scent. You can choose your favorite aroma for your carpet.
Vinegar and baking soda are a popular mixture. You can sprinkle baking soda on the stain first and spray vinegar and water mixture. It will begin to foam uplifting the dirt from the carpet.
Learning how to clean carpet with vinegar and baking soda can help neutralize the odor. Using them together as cleaning agents will get everything clean and disinfected.
Removing Stains with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Baking soda has great absorbing properties while vinegar is known for removing even the hardest stains of fabric due to its tough acetic acid. Combining the two is truly hard to beat. Here is how to create the mixture.
- Paper towels
- Bucket/spray bottle
- Baking soda
- Blot the stain dry by using a paper towel. Just a gentle blot, don’t rub. Rubbing can only spread the stains more. Add more paper towels if needed. Make sure the spot is completely dry.
- Get a bucket or an empty spray bottle and mix water and vinegar together. These two should be in equal parts. So, when you use 2 cups of water, use 2 cups of vinegar as well. Soak the stained area with this solution. This will cut through stubborn stains and neutralize the smell making the dirt easy to remove.
- Scrub the beast stain the hard way. Carpet is composed of the thick fabric layer. You cannot remove the dirt if you just scrub it lightly. Scrub hard but not too much like causing the fibers to damage. For super bad smells and stains. Use 100% vinegar solution as vinegar alone is more powerful.
- This time, pour the baking soda. Do this while the area is still wet. Add a little vinegar then. Just vinegar, something not vinegar and water mixture. You will see fizzing and cackling afterward which means the cleaning starts to work. Gently rub the baking soda deep down the carpet fibers for all-out cleanliness.
- Leave the baking soda on the carpet overnight. Sometimes it would take a day or two. Let it dry completely. Vacuum the baking soda right away. Your carpet will look really good after this.
For hard to get urine or stains, you may call a professional carpet cleaner for they use extensive water extraction methods suitable for tougher stains.
Knowing how to clean carpet with vinegar and baking soda is just easy with this recipe. All you need to do is to take a small amount of vinegar and baking soda solution and pour it over the affected area of the carpet. Wait a few hours for it to dry. Do a little brushing then you are good to go.
A Note to Remember
It is true that vinegar and baking soda can be used in carpet cleaning but not really as good as you think. According to science, vinegar is a fine disinfectant. It has a pretty impressive germ-killing ability but it is not as strong as bleach. It is probably good on mild dirt and stains such as pet urines but not on tougher ones.
When it comes to pet accidents, baking soda works as a deodorizer as discussed above. It will absorb odor while not hurting anything. Using these natural alternatives may leave residues causing the carpet to get dirty faster. All that said you need soap and hot water to clean your carpet thoroughly or better call professionals.
Carpet cleaning technicians can do the job properly leaving only clean and fresh carpet behind. Nevertheless, vinegar and baking soda along with other homemade ingredients are a much healthier choice. They are great cleaning alternatives on a budget.
Why Choose All-Natural Products
All-natural products from the name itself come from the finest creation of nature – no harmful chemicals, toxic and health dangers. On the other hand, manufactured cleaners can make cleaning easier but can expose both humans and animals to risks. In fact, it is the animals that will suffer the most effect of toxic than humans because they are closer to the floor.
Learning how to clean carpet with vinegar and baking soda is now within your reach. The next time your pets leave a mess on the carpet, use only the finest pet-friendly cleaning method as possible. The result is priceless!