It is obvious that vinegar is great for cleaning but there are people who don’t like this for many reasons. Whether it is because of the smell, the color or the result of the cleaning itself, learning DIY all purpose cleaner without vinegar is of top importance.
Accept it or not, you are one of the weirdest people who hate it. Or, probably it is your kids, husband, and pets that are making complaints. While vinegar is the most common cleaning agent, there are many other ways to create a vinegar-free cleaning solution that works like magic.
Good news because you can now create homemade all-purpose cleaner with no vinegar smell. In this post, I’ll give you 3 fantastic vinegar-free recipes.
Let’s do this!
DIY Glass Cleaner with Cornstarch and Rubbing Alcohol
- Spray bottle
- Measuring cup
- Rubbing alcohol
- Essential oil (lemon and orange)
- Get the measuring cup and pour a cup of water over it.
- Add a cup of rubbing alcohol.
- Add about 4 tablespoons of cornstarch to the water and alcohol mixture.
- Use a whisk and combine all the ingredients thoroughly. Make sure everything is well dissolved.
- Add lemon and orange essential oils. Make about 20 to 40 drops.
- Stir the mixture very well.
- Pour it into an empty spray bottle and you’re good to go.
Sometimes, the particles of the ingredients sink at the bottom of the bottle. It is important to shake it before each use. Failure to do so will make the cornstarch thick and clog the nozzle of your sprayer.
Important Reminder: Wipe off liquid completely. Cornstarch spots will remain if you leave liquid residue behind.
Homemade All Purpose Cleaner with Baking Soda and Castille Soap
- Spray bottle
- Baking soda
- Liquid castile soap
- Pour 2 tablespoons of baking soda into an empty spray bottle.
- Add about 1 and ½ cup of water. The half cup can be added right after the addition of castile soap to prevent bubbles.
- Shake very well. Wait until the baking soda is dissolved completely.
- Add 1 tablespoon of castile soap and swish in circles to combine.
- Shake gently. A bunch of bubbles will slow the process of the mixture.
- Spray on surfaces directly.
Shaking the mixture too much will create a bunch of bubbles that won’t mix the solution until they pop up. Shake moderately after the addition of the soap. The mixture will become slightly cloudy but there’s nothing wrong with it. This DIY all purpose cleaner without vinegar will give enormous savings!
Important Reminder: When the cleaner separates, swish in circles gently.
Vinegar Free All-Purpose Cleaner with Sal Suds
- Measuring cups
- Spray bottle
- Distilled water
- Essential oil (preferably lemon)
- Sal Suds biodegradable cleaner
- Measure all the ingredients. Make about 27 oz. Distilled water, 67 oz. Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds Biodegradable Cleaner or something alike, 67 oz. lemon essential oil.
- Add a cup of water to the spray bottle.
- Add the biodegradable cleaner.
- Add the essential oil right after. You can choose any scent if you don’t like lemon.
- Mix the bottle gently.
- Spray on surfaces freely.
Once done, you can make the whole house smell fantastic. A strong lemon fragrance is great. But you can opt for orange as well or something in a milder scent. Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds is a natural, organic and eco-friendly product. It can be purchased at wholesale prices or by the bottle. Most importantly, you can use this guilt-free.
Where to Use Vinegar-Free All-Purpose Cleaner
DIY all purpose cleaner without vinegar can be used to clean bathroom and mirrors – without streaking. Wiping down counter-tops, appliances and furniture are the other applications. You can even use the solution when mopping floors.
When wiping stained counter-tops, wipe with rugs to do it and spray the solution sparingly. Repeat the process until the stain disappeared. For better result, let it set first. A combination of lemon and peppermint essential oils can put off spiders so you better try it.
Adding Sal Suds on your vinegar-free mixture is going to be the best choice. It is super versatile, long-lasting and budget-friendly. You can add a few ounces of this to wash laundry and dishes. Add a few drops of essentials, citric acid, and salt to create a perfect mix. Stir the mixture with warm water for a huge plus.
For your floor mopping and car cleaning, Sal Suds and water is enough to create a quick and easy DIY all purpose cleaner without vinegar. Using the recipes above is a much healthier choice, cleaner and happier to deal with. And, you don’t need to spend a bunch of cash and time.
Importance of Non-toxic Household Cleaners
Toxic is no good. It can make our body as damn as garbage. Protect your family from harmful chemicals by creating homemade products without breaking the bank. Imagine the safety, peace of mind and confidence you will feel when you choose to be natural, not to mention savings.
Cleaning home with non-toxic cleaners do not need complicated ingredients. In fact, a few of them are already there in your kitchen. Dangerous scents and fumes have nothing to do with a healthy home. You’ve got to take one step at a time if you want to give up an unhealthy lifestyle.
Today, what comes to be the quickest is not always the safest. It’s a matter of the fact that going fresh and natural is still a great choice. Cleaning home with natural cleaning agents is not just great for the family but also for the pets and environment. After all, life is short. If you try to extend it with bad elements, you make it shorter.
People always adore on quick and easy things like fast foods and supermarkets without realising they create a toxic home. If you are one of them, now is the time to change.