The first robot was invented by George Devol, and it was mainly used for industrial purposes, doing the tasks that humans should perform. The purpose of creating a robot was to introduce automation that makes several jobs safer and guarantees that work can be performed faster.
Over the past 70 years, scientists tried to make robots more accessible, and now they’re programmed to do household chores. So, is it worth buying a cleaning robot? Do cleaning robots actually work? Keep on reading End of Tenancy Cleaning Near Me to find the answer to these questions.
Is It Worth Buying a Cleaning Robot?
In 1996, James Dizon designed the first cleaning robot, but these early models weren’t affordable, and as a result, they weren’t that popular. However, in 2002, a company called iRobot invented an affordable cleaning robot or robotic vacuum cleaner that can clean the floors efficiently and isn’t that expensive.
While robot vacuums are still more expensive than traditional vacuums, they’re currently more accessible, and there are several models that you can choose from. In addition, they’re designed to clean the house with no input from you, so you can save time and effort while achieving a satisfying level of cleanliness in your household.
What is a Cleaning Robot?
A cleaning robot is a robot vacuum cleaner with wheels and a small engine that pushes it around. When it operates, the engine moves brushes or rollers that kick the dust where it’s sucked into an internal dustbin.
Today’s cleaning robots have some cool features like Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to set them to work remotely and artificial mapping to scan rooms and send the data to your smartphone. They can decide that it’s time to clean a room or a section of it in case of an accidental mess. After doing the job, your robot vacuum cleaner will return to its docking station to be recharged until it’s time for the next cleaning session.
What Are the Pros of Buying a Cleaning Robot?
Ever since they’ve been introduced to the market, several companies have worked on improving vacuum robots, adding more features to them, and making them more affordable. Now millions of units are sold across the globe due to the amazing benefits these household appliances provide.
- Robot vacuums clean for you because you don’t have to push the vacuum cleaner around. Instead, they have cameras and sensors that scan the area to clean it.
- You can easily set up your cleaning robot to clean remotely. This means that your robotic vacuum will clean the house when you’re not home, which is an excellent solution for busy people who need to come home to find it clean and ready.
- Robot vacuums have virtual walls, so you can set them to avoid different areas in the house or corners in the same room.
- A cleaning robot will work for you if you suffer from a health issue that deprives you of cleaning your house more often. You don’t have to bend or push the robotic vacuum, and it will do all the work on your behalf.
- Most cleaning robots are compact, so they will work for you if you don’t have a lot of storage space.
- A cleaning robot can go under different furniture pieces, unlike a traditional upright vacuum cleaner.
- Robot cleaners are quiet and convenient to use in various settings.
- You can follow up with a cleaning schedule while you’re relaxing in your house or doing other chores.
What Are the Cons of Buying a Cleaning Robot?
Despite their great features, cleaning robots can’t replace traditional vacuums entirely. Here are some of the limitations that you need to take into consideration before buying one.
- Cleaning robots or robot vacuums are still more expensive than traditional ones. So, if you’re on a real tight budget, you might not be able to get a good model that works for your needs.
- Even the best models aren’t able to remove 100% of the dust and debris. Traditional vacuum cleaners are more powerful and have better suction power because they have stronger motors.
- Cleaning robots can struggle while cleaning high-pile rugs.
- Unlike traditional vacuum cleaners, cleaning robots can’t go up the stairs.
- Although the robot vacuum moves on its own, it still needs some prepping from your side. You need to remove any unnecessary objects and make the room as clean as possible to guarantee that it will deliver satisfactory cleaning results.
- In some cases, your cleaning robot can get stuck, and it won’t work until you’re home to help set it free. This means that despite having the ability to program your cleaning robot to clean the house when you’re not around, you might come home to find that the job wasn’t done.
- You can program a robot vacuum to clean your house, and it can go over the same space over and over again, but it won’t be able to spot a corner that it has missed.
What Is a Cleaning Robot Good For?
A cleaning robot is still a great investment if you know how to use it well. You can invest in a cleaning robot to do touch-up cleaning. It will work for you for everyday cleaning, especially if you have a decluttered room with low-pile rugs. Moreover, it will shorten the time you spend when you use a traditional vacuum cleaner for serious cleaning.
You can also use a robot vacuum in areas where using a traditional vacuum is a big problem, like under the bed or other pieces of furniture. It will also work for you if you have small storage space.
A cleaning robot is a great addition to your household appliances because it facilitates cleaning, saves time and effort. You only have to set up the robot and connect it with Wi-Fi or your smartphone, and it will clean every corner in your house.
However, cleaning robots can’t replace traditional vacuum cleaners yet. They will work for you if you want to save time doing touch-up cleaning, but you still need a traditional and sturdy vacuum cleaner to get rid of all the dust and debris.